Recess will be starting up its new parent drop-in groups at Recess again this fall. Our fundamental goal is for parents of infants to have a place to connect, get out of the house, AND have access to a different professional / relevant topic each week. My hope is to have a revolving 12 or 16 week calendar of topics/ pros that repeats.
We'd love for you to be involved.
Topics we'd love to include are:
- Self care for new parents
- Mama utrition while breastfeeding
- How to support language development
- Getting the house safe for baby
- Lactation Q&A
- Audiologist about newborn hearing,
- Speech therapist about language development,
- ama self care/ exercises for releasing those shoulders,
- protecting the back, et
- Papa self care!
- etting up the infant environment to encourage independent play for development
- ctivities to do w/ baby to support development, etc
- hat pelvic floor
- Mindfulness for mamas
- Vaccines, options, Q&A
- Going back to work
- Childcare options
- The list goes on...
Here are the details...
Tentative Framework & Format:
WHO: For parents with little ones - 0-6 (ish) months
WHAT: Weekly meet-up for new parents in a clean, safe space to connect with one another while also gaining information from local professionals. BYO Snacks -- or Recess to partner to provide fresh healthy snacks (via Munchery, Good Eggs, Fresh Baby Bites, etc)
WHERE: At Recess - front classroom.
WHEN: Exact day & time to be determined.
- 1 day a week, likely Noon -1:30 (ish)
- With time to connect from 12-12:30. Pro Intro & Q+A from 12:30-1:15 ish. Wrap up by 1:30 or so.
HOW: (tbd) $20 drop in - or 6 pack $100
If you're interested in being one of the Pros who participates periodically.
Please share a bit about how you would like to be involved: