Our Family Coalition, in partnership with Recess Urban Recreation, is excited to offer a new pilot program for LGBTQ parents and guardians of young children in San Francisco: free in-a-pinch child care! This pilot program will run until June 30, 2018 and aims to provide up to 56 hours of no-cost child care to be shared among LGBTQ-headed families at Recess’ facility. You do not have to be a current member at Recess to enroll! Read on for more details and how to sign up for this new program.
To be eligible to participate in this pilot program, parent(s)/guardian(s) must:
- Self-identify as LGBTQ
- Live in San Francisco (we will verify your ZIP code)
- Be a current OFC family programs participant, defined as:
- Having attended at least two OFC playgroups since July 1, 2017 (Baby & Me, Toddle With Me, or East Bay Playgroup) OR
- Having attended at least two OFC family programs since July 1, 2017 with a household income of less than $100,000 per year
- Complete all required Our Family Coalition and Recess forms, including a post-survey that will be sent within 6 months of enrollment
- Comply with all Recess member guidelines, policies and protocols
Children eligible to participate in this pilot program must:
- Be between the ages of 3 months and 4 years old
- Have a parent/guardian who has attended at least two OFC family programs since July 1, 2017
How to Enroll
- Step 1: Complete OFC Intake & Pre-Survey forms HERE and return them via one of the following methods:
Fax: 415-981-1962; Attn: Jeannette Page
Mail or In-Person: Our Family Coalition, 1385 Mission St, Ste 340, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Step 2: Complete Recess’ online enrollment form below.
- Step 3: OFC will notify you via email and/or mail of your successful enrollment in the pilot program within 10 business days upon receipt of all completed forms.
- Step 4: Contact Recess at 415-701-7529 or email@example.com to arrange child care.
- In-a-pinch child care at Recess is first come, first served, and space is limited. Parents/guardians are encouraged to schedule in advance.
- Child care is available at Recess between 9:30am-6:00pm on weekdays, and 9:00am-1:00pm on weekends. Children may be in child care for no more than 2.5 hours at a time, with a maximum of 4 hours per week.
- A maximum of 14 hours of child care per month is available to be shared among the pool of families in this pilot program. Because OFC wants as many families as possible to benefit, please use this service sparingly and only when other child care options are not available.
- Services will be available as OFC funds allow, and families will be notified if/when services will cease.
San Francisco Family Programs Coordinator
Our Family Coalition
1385 Mission St, Suite 340, San Francisco, CA 94103